Saturday, June 9, 2007

Waynesboro, Waynesboro, party on, excellent!

So my day of mental and physical meltdown was followed by a perfect day (yesterday). My feet were in miraculously good spirits. We hit some beautiful trails and during lunch at a shelter, we discovered a business card attached to a post for the burgundy lane bed & breakfast. It wasn't technically a "town night" but this card seemed to say "this is a sign - listen to me. " besides we earned it. we called the innkeeper - margaret - who met us at pen mar park. she wisked us off to the lovely inn that her and her husband run. we had the honeymoon suite w. a 2 person jacuzzi...we now know what heaven feels like. only scary thing was the tub water after we were done - twigs, bugs, dirt ans leaves were floating around us. after a dinner of pizza and am amaxing breakfast, we were as good as new to tackle penn. terrain. margaret was kind enough to take us out to a store and dropped us back at pen mar park were we soon xrossed the mason - dixon line. one of the best things about the trail is meeting kind strangers. it buffs the callouses off your soul. imcidentally: if you're ever in waynesboro pa or want to get away from it all, chek out the burgundy lane b&b and tell margaret and murphy that polina and paul say hello:
tel: 7177628112, http://www.burgundylane.biz.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having fun -- one way or another. I can't believe the distance you've traveled so far. I hope you are taking pictures along the way, not only of the scenery but of the people you meet. Carry on. I'm thinking about you every day.
Marge

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, this is my first check in on the blog since you started and wanted to wish you my best.

Keep up the good work and get some pics on here, all I can see at the moment are your ex-Naturejobs juggernaut colleagues and the inside of Crinan Street North. Go on, make me envious!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Paul and Polina...this is my first time checking into your blog as well. You have me and a few coworkers and friends hooked. You two are an inspiration to us all. Just a little tip...when you are feeling discouraged and restless...it could be worse...you could have Josh with you. Good luck on your travels. Can't wait to read more.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
Happy to hear you're having a good journey so far. We'll be thinking of you on our Colorado trip.
All the best,
Christie and Gene

Anonymous said...

Found you!
Sister and I are at the public library, trying to find your blog.
I am glad everything is going well.
So, do you miss the 9-5 shuffle of driving yourself insane with work???
And now I will wonder, how is Brette coping with your absence?

Jody-the-Evil Queen.

BTW -- send me your address, I will send you cowpies or something!
Lastly, I think Jessica the Mermaid almost misses you, Paul. Or do her cute little feet?