Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Visiting old stomping grounds

Billy Goat and I are sitting in the Wingdale, NY library and will be crossing into Connecticut today. Apologies for the delay in updating our blog. Last week, we took several days of much needed R&R in NYC, visiting with family, and catching up on our magazine reading. It was fun hiking the Hudson Valley area of NY as this is where my teenage years were spent in Westchester County. Sadly, when I was a teenager, I had no idea that the AT passed practically right under my nose and through my backyard (Peekskill, NY). The night before entering into NYC, we stayed at a lodge in Bear Mountain Park right on the Hudson. I used to spend winters ice skating by the Bear Mountain Inn as a kid and here we were descending into this park. Seeing the incredible view off our balcony made me realize how little I appreciated the beauty surrounding me as a teenager. I feel fortunate to have come back to this place and see it with a new set of eyes.


A quick word of thanks to family & friends who took care of us in NYC: Babushka, Liza, Anna, Bella & Isaac and Mehr...and the whole crowd at McSorley's Old Ale House (one of the oldest bars in NYC -- with sawdust on the floor - and they ain't bein cute!)-- that was a fun night!

No comments: