Wednesday, June 13, 2007

binge hiking! binge eating!

inge hiking, binge eating!
Saturday, our hike motivator was the knowledge that our destination - celadonia state park (near gettysburg pa) had a concession stand. Despite the usual pain felt we pushed on hard as we could with the fear lurking in my mind: what if we get there after the concession stand closes (GASP)??!! We met 2 brothers who have been hiking 3 months and they've lost 30-40 lbs each since starting. So if the other park goers clutched their children in fear as they watchd us sink our hungry fangs into our burgers...so be it!

2 comments:

blueberrymushroom said...

Your last naturejobs column made me feel sentimental... after all Paul Smaglik has been with me since I was a student many years ago, through some degrees and also when I decided to leave academia. Hope it is all going well on your giant walk and you will not be unrecognisably gaunt by the end of it. Just wondering if it was a teetotal journey...? Your previous burgundy post made me wonder about this...!

Anonymous said...

Sending good thoughts to you both. Curious to hear what has happened since Wednesday... Did you hear how the Sopranos ended? Any thoughts about your schedule in MA yet? I am headed to DC for meetings next weekend and will miss being with you there!